If you suffer an injury in a place where you could reasonably expect to be safe, and it’s through no fault of your own, you should be compensated. These kinds of personal injury claims typically fall under public liability law.

Despite what the name suggests, public liability doesn’t just cover incidents in public places. You may also claim for injuries that occur on private property, like on planes and trains, in private businesses or in rental properties.

Public liability covers many injuries that don’t fall under workers’ compensation or motor vehicle accident compensation.

  • What kind of accidents can I claim for?

    There are many types of injuries that can fall under public liability law, including:

    • Slips and falls in supermarkets, retail stores or car parks
    • Boat and water sport accidents
    • Sporting accidents
    • Accidents in playgrounds and parks
    • Personal assault, such as by a bouncer at a nightclub
  • I’ve been injured, what should I do now?

    Here are some simple steps you should take if you’ve been hurt.

    1. Firstly you need to seek medical assistance – even if that is going to your GP a day later.
    2. Document your accident. Photos and witnesses are also helpful. Simple things can help, like if you slip and fall, you should keep the shoes you were wearing as evidence.
    3. Notify the appropriate authorities at the time of the incident, such as Centre Management
    4. Ring Robert Bryden Lawyers.
  • What can I be compensated for?

    The compensation you are entitled to will vary depending on the type of case and the extent of your injuries. However, compensation may cover:

    • Medical expenses
    • Loss of earnings, both past and future
    • Superannuation losses
    • A nurse, carer or home help, whether paid or not – this could be a relative helping out
    • Required modifications, for example making your car or home more accessible
  • Is there a time limit for making a claim?

    You can only claim for three years from the date of the accident. If you’ve been injured, make sure you seek medical attention and contact Robert Bryden Lawyers as soon as possible.

  • Do you need a lawyer for a public liability case?

    Public liability is a very complex area of law. It helps to have Robert Bryden in your corner. He can guide you through the claims process, help you gather the right evidence and ensure that you’re getting the compensation that you deserve.

    Over his 40-year career, Robert Bryden has been able to secure compensation for people who have suffered all kinds of injuries. From $20,000 to millions of dollars, legal compensation has enabled his clients to take control and restart their lives.

  • How much does a public liability lawyer cost?

    At Robert Bryden, we have a No Win, No Fee policy. We are completely transparent with potential clients and will only take on your case if we believe we can be successful. We only raise an invoice for our time if we win your case.

  • We are compassionate, sensitive, highly discreet, family run and family focussed.
  • Each client has personal contact with Rob and Suzi 24/7.
  • Each client meets personally with Rob. No junior lawyers, no staff that turn over, every single client meets the original Bryden Lawyer, Robert Bryden.
  • Our dedicated team understand the challenges you will face, and strive to make the process as simple as possible.
  • You can trust us to care about you and get you the compensation to assist you in moving forward with your life.